Note: We’ve closed applications for the 2018 hiking season. We are now accepting applications for 2019 season.
Here’s what we’re looking for in a thru-hiker to sponsor:
- Personality: a dynamite personality that other hikers and our readers will love
- Writing Skills: a captivating writer that knows that difference between there, their, and they’re
- Commitment: to write at least three (3) blogs per week on AdventurePossible.com
- Interviews: We’re scratching out the writing commitment this year to make it easier on the hiker. Instead, we’ll interview you every so often on certain topics for our articles, particularly financial topics related to the AT.
- Pictures: and lots of them to share with our readers on AdventurePossible.com
- Branding: occasionally wear the AdventurePossible.com T-shirt (and take pictures with it at Appalachian Trail landmarks). Link us on your blog, if you have one.
Let us bring you adventure every day.
Like AdventurePossible.com on Facebook.
What we’re offering in sponsorship:
- Cash: a little bit of spending money before and during the hike
- Opportunity: to build awareness about your trip by reaching our thousands of readers with your photos and blog.
- Legitimacy: by being featured on our site and included in our interviews
- Swag: Adventure Possible t-shirt anyone?
A Free tool for Planning a Thru-Hike
Download our free, an all-in-one Appalachian Trail backpacking checklist, budgeting tool, and pack weight calculator.
Frequently Asked Questions about thru-hiker sponsorship
- Do I have to be an awesome hiker to be considered? No way. Some of us were completely inexperienced, and that made for remarkable stories and experiences.
- What if I don’t finish? No big deal. It happens to most people. If you choose to leave the trail or are forced off, we just want an exit story.
- Is this an exclusive sponsorship? Nope. We aren’t talking pro athlete money here, or amateur roller derby money for that matter. Raise money from wherever you need as long as you meet our requirements listed above.
- Can I lose my sponsorship? Totally. We have good deal of fun around here, but we do not condone running drunk and naked through the streets of Gatlinburg or being arrested at Trail Days. You can blow this deal if you make a fool of yourself or otherwise embarrass us.
- When will you make a decision? NoBo thru-hikers start about March and SoBo hikers about June. We’ll make a decision by February 15, 2016, and we’ll let everyone know who got the sponsorship.
- Why do you provide sponsorships? I thru-hiked in 2006 and loved it. I want to help others do the same, so I put the profit from my book sales towards funding other people’s adventures.
If you think you’re up for a sponsorship of your Appalachian Trail thru-hike, complete the application below.
If your submission is successful, you’ll see the words “Message Sent”.