You all know I love to share what drives me nuts about living in a tiny Airstream and our trip. And since we’ve been blogging I’ve also learned that YOU all LOVE when I share what I hate too.
Sorry, I’m not sorry. This is a post about the little things I’ll miss when we wrap up this adventure.
- In the mornings when Wilson and Jane climb into our bed and we all just lay there, reading books, wrapped up and warm until 7:45 or so. The life I tell ya!!!
- Getting stuff done during nap or rest time. Blogging, going for a walk, making my list of to dos. It’s so nice to have some daily downtime when I can knock things out.
- I’ve read over a dozen books on this trip. Most have been during the kids nap. I haven’t read that many books in the past 5 years combined. BLISSFUL!
- Cleaning the whole RV takes about 30 minutes. An hour max. Granted, it can be torn to pieces in a quarter of that time. But still, super easy clean up!
- The little amount of stuff we have. Jane and Wilson’s play has become amazingly creative. I love to watch what they come up with since they only have 1 tupperware of toys at their disposal.
- My bedtime/morning routine. We all shower (if we shower) in the evenings after dinner. I then put on and sleep in the top that I will wear the next day and my pajama pants. The next day I get up, put on pants or shorts, brush my teeth and sometimes my hair and am ready to go! Minimal maintenance.
- How kind people are. Along this trip people have bestowed on us dessert, a bottle of wine, beers, margaritas and many other trinkets. They either look up our site and want to strike up a conversation about their own adventures or just don’t want to seem creepy talking to the kids. Its so neighborly!
- The adorable expressions my kids have picked up. Whenever we’re somewhere remotely cool Wilson will look around and exclaim “WOW! This is AMAZING!” What true words to hear and continuously repeat. For certain they’ve come off all of our lips frequently.
- Not knowing what day it is. The way I’ve always determined if I’m truly relaxed and measured my happiness is if have no idea what day it is. I’m pleased to say this happens all the time now. Is it Monday or Saturday? Often I have no clue and don’t care.
- Not having to check my email. I easily can go a full week without glancing at it now. I used to check it every few minutes! Heaven on earth!
So those are some of the things I’m really going to miss about our adventure. What do you think you would miss most?